Step 1: Enable Guided Access
Guided Access allows you to limit your device to a single app.
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
- Toggle Guided Access to 'On'
- You need to set a passcode on this screen (Passcode Settings), or within BiYP Kiosk after activating it by triple-clicking the Home button
- To disable Guided Access again, triple-click the Home button, input your passcode, and choose 'End'
Step 2: Disable Auto-Brightness
- iOS 10 and earlier: Settings > Display & Brightness
- iOS 11: Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations
Step 3: Enable Auto-Lock (Sleep Mode)
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock
- Select the time after which BiYP Kiosk should go to sleep
Turning Auto-Lock 'On' will conserve battery life.
Note: We strongly recommend that BiYP Kiosk is always connected to a power source to ensure that employees are always able to use it.
Step 4: Disable Emoji and Other Keyboards
While alternate keyboards don't allow users to exit the app, you might want to prevent the use of them.
To disable this setting:
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards
- Select 'Edit' in the top right corner
- Select the red minus circle to the left of 'Emoji'
- Select 'Delete' to disable it
Step 5: Disable Predictive Text
There is a known bug in iOS 8 that causes Predictive Text to occasionally predict passwords, which is obviously a security risk.
This setting can be disabled within iPad Settings, though if multiple keyboards are enabled, the option to enable Predictive text will appear if you long-press the Globe or Emoji icon from the keyboard.
To completely disable this setting:
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard
- Delete all but one keyboard
- Toggle Predictive to 'Off'